8.09.2009

100 of 320 Movies Down

I went through my Netflix ratings and wrote down what ratings I gave each.

I loved 28 movies (5 stars).
I really liked 52 movies (4 stars).
I liked 25 movies (3 stars).
I didn't like 5 movies (2 stars).

Keep in mind three things:

(1) I'm generous when I rate and I'm not sure why. A bunch of 3s should probably be 2s and a bunch of 4s could be 3s or 5s.
(2) Of the 320 movies, these were probably close to the 100 that I wanted to see the most, which might contribute to why I liked most of them.
(3) I made the list and intentionally left off movies I didn't think I'd like, which is another factor.

Here are the 28 movies I've loved:

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (thanks to Christian Larson)
Cooler, The (thanks to Dan Colon)
Dark City
Desperado
El Mariachi
Exterminating Angel, The (thanks to Jordan Polan-Clarke)
Following
Four Rooms
Ghostbusters II
Gran Torino (thanks to Coryn Blank)
High Noon
Into the Wild (thanks to Dan Colon)
Lynch (One)
Oldboy
Punch-Drunk Love (thanks to Dan Colon)
Run Lola Run
Searchers, The
Shadow of a Doubt (thanks to Dan Poeschl)
Shogun Assassin
Sting, The
Stranger Than Fiction
Sullivan's Travels
Taken (thanks to Andrew Cerulli)
This Film is Not Yet Rated
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Virgin Suicides, The
Wizard of Gore (thanks to Steve Payson)
Wrestler, The (thanks to Eric Drewes)

No comments:

Post a Comment