1.24.2009

LOST is Back!

I love LOST. It’s (I think) the only show that’s on right now that I watch. I don’t watch a whole lot of TV that’s on TV, and between The Life & Times of Tim and It’s Always Sunny ending, House making me lose interest and us not getting Showtime at school, LOST is all that’s really left. With that in mind, I don’t think that there was any question that I was looking forward to Thursday night’s premiere.

I’ve had a few friends tell me that they don’t like the way things are going – with time travel and all – and I have one friend who half-jokingly just wants the series to be over so that he can have his questions answered.

But I love it.

I love that they seemingly keep posing new questions without answering any others (though they slowed on that in the premiere and apparently are going to stop that entirely). I like LOST because they don’t spoonfeed me a plot and they really allow me lots and lots of time to come up with my own guesses as to why certain people are important or what exactly’s happening on the island.

I really want to re-watch season four, especially from the time they plant the seed of time travel, but I haven’t had the time yet. I wanted to do this before I saw the premiere of season five, but now that it’s very clear that it is THE main issue this year, I feel like I need to do, rather than just wanting to do it.

Anyway, my favorite moment from Thursday night was not, actually, Hurley throwing the Hot Pocket at Ben (though that was one of the funniest things I’ve seen lately); instead, it was another Hurley moment – where he was explaining the island to his mom. When I saw this, I said, “That’s exactly what it sounds like when you’re trying to explain LOST to someone who has never seen an episode.” There’s so much important stuff that is so seemingly unrelated and unbelievable that it’s hard to string it all together coherently. I loved watching Hurley try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment