2.01.2009

Soup or Bowl

I think the Steelers are going to win and Troy Polamalu is going to win the MVP trophy. I’m not entirely counting Arizona out of it, though; they’ve continually surprised me in each of the three games they played this postseason.

The over/under for this game is supposedly 47.5. The way I see it, picking the over or under basically depends on who you think is going to win. If the Steelers win with the over or the Cards win with the under, I will be unbelievably surprised. The bottom line in today’s game is whether or not the Cardinals offense is going to be able to overcome the Pittsburgh defense. They’ve done a good job in the first three games already, but the Steelers are in another class.

Polamalu and James Harrison are two of the best defenders in football. I’m really interested to see in how Dick LeBeau uses these two guys. Kurt Warner is phenomenal against the blitz, and I trust LeBeau is smart enough to realize that. I’d expect a lot of stunts and four-man rushes, so it’s really going to come down to whether or not Warner can figure out where Polamalu and Harrison are and try to keep it away from them.

Personally, I’d choose Ed Reed over Polamalu, but it’s not like I wouldn’t take either. Polamalu is a special player, and I’m interested in seeing him on the world’s biggest stage again.

Steelers 24, Cardinals 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment