3.14.2009

One Grand Undertaking Completed

From “Blackened” to “Rock & Roll Suicide” and the 9689 tracks in between, I finally finished playing my entire music library.

Way back on June 10th, I decided I was going to listen to all 7400+ tracks that I had from start to finish, as sorted by album title. Here, nine months and four days later, nearly 2300 additional tracks later, I’ve finally finished.

My goal was to finish in a year, to do 25 tracks per day. I obviously blew that away. My biggest push came over winter break as I cranked out 1100 tracks in two weeks. Check out my weekly progress at http://www.last.fm/user/soulpopped.

Here are some updates I posted on last.fm:

UPDATE #1 - I'm almost out of "E" (August 25th).
UPDATE #2 - I'm almost out of "G" (September 12th).
UPDATE #3 - I'm into "I" and just passed track #3000 (now of 8019; September 27th).
UPDATE #4 - I'm into "M" and passed track #4000 after adding over 1100 new tracks (9121, November 5th).
UPDATE #5 - I'm into the heart of "O" and passed track #5000 (November 26th).
UPDATE #6 - I'm in the middle of "R" and passed track #6000 (December 19th).
UPDATE #7 - I'm finally nearing the end of "S" and passed #7000 (January 12th).
UPDATE #8 - Track #8000 was the last "T" track (January 28th/29th).
UPDATE #9 - I passed track #9000 and now have under 700 to go (February 24th).

Obviously, update #10 is the completion.

Also, for reference sake, my 9691-track library is 27 days, 11 hours, 0 minutes, and 37 seconds. That means that (if my math is right), 3.9% of the time it took to play my library, I had music playing.

What now? I have a bunch of artists I want to hear their discographies again, so I’ll be going through a bunch of them. Who are they? I’m glad you asked.

Bang Camaro
The Chemical Brothers
Coldplay
The Donnas
Muse
Queens of the Stone Age
Raidohead
Van Halen

It was a fun ride. I have five more movies to go on my list of 160 to see, so that’ll be finished soon as well. Now it’s time to eat cake! Well, when I get back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment