4.08.2009

20 Movies in 20 Days

Okay, so I’ve made the list of 320 movies to see. My goal when doing these lists is three movies a week, which I think is totally doable. Sometimes at school I fall behind, but I generally am able to make up for it in the summer.

That’s what makes what I’ve done all the more confusing and astounding to myself. In the first 20 days since I’ve started this new list, I’ve watched 20 movies. I figured it was a good time to rank them or something, in terms of how much I like them.

I think it’d be this:

1 Dark City
2 Synecdoche, New York
3 In Bruges
4 Run Lola Run
5 Wall Street
6 The Lives of Others
7 The Wizard of Gore
8 Elephant
9 Gummo
10 Alien
11 Eulogy
12 Videodrome
13 A History of Violence
14 Fear of a Black Hat
15 Waking Life
16 Paprika
17 Jerry Maguire
18 Saved!
19 Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
20 Employee of the Month

What I do when ranking movies like this is basically decide which I’d be most likely to watch again. That’s how I came up with my favorite movies. I thought, ‘If they were all on TV at the same time, what would I put on?’ I’m pretty sure this is how these 20 would be ranked.

Can I keep up my pace? Do you even care? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment