1.23.2010

Breathless

I finished the second of 15 books on my list -- Dean Koontz's "Breathless." He's one of my favorite authors, but his books are all over the place sometimes. Some I love, some I like and some I have a hard time getting through.

Of those three categories, I'd say this fell into the "books I like." The book tells seemingly four or five tales, all revolving around a different main character. With about 40 pages left, I was trying to figure out how he was going to wrap everything up. He did so, but it seemed almost like he was telling two or three stories linked loosely with a common theme. This isn't to say it was bad, but I was almost anticipating everyone coming together and meeting, more so than in the way it happened.

It's not bad. It's not nearly the worst of his that I've read -- but it's also nowhere near the best. I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment