1.21.2010

Critter Crunch

Critter Crunch, on the PSN, is a great game. I think it's only $7 yet it's given me at least ten hours of game time. Good value, good fun, good looks. There are three modes which add to the fun -- adventure, challenge and puzzle.

I finished all of the challenges last night. While I enjoyed them, there was something that Critter Crunch does that a lot of other video games do too, which bothers me: some challenges ask you to do things that go against the spirit of the game. For instance, spitting a small critter into the mouth of a medium critter that is below a large critter creates a food chain (small into medium into big). One of the final challenges asks you to fill your meter (aka complete the level) without creating a food chain. While that is a challenge, yes, it requires you to play the game in a way other than how it was meant to be played.

And I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment