6.10.2010

Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart

While it may be one of the earlier (in terms of year) books of essays I've read by a comedian, Naked Pictures of Famous People is far from the best. I don't know what it was -- the dated references (Hanson, etc.) or the style -- but I found it really hard to get through a lot of these essays. What should have taken me an hour or two to read took far longer than that.

That's not to say it's bad. His Larry King / Hitler interview was funny -- that might have been my favorite essay in the book. (Maybe that was a lot of it -- a lot of Jewish humor. Not that I don't find it funny, but essay after essay with the same theme sort of gets old.)

Either way, it wasn't great. But it wasn't bad, either. The book was about as mediocre as this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment