6.08.2010

The Summer of Reading Continues

At a job with a lot of downtime, there's plenty of time to read -- and plenty of time to talk about other books. My friend recommended three books to me... or at least mentioned three she was looking into reading:

-- Jazz by Toni Morrison
-- Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
-- My Dreams Out in the Street by Kim Addonizio

I've never read any of these three books. I've read three books by Morrison -- The Bluest Eye, Song of Solomon and Beloved -- and liked each on varying levels.

Let the Great World Spin follows Philippe Petit's tightrope walk from one Twin Tower to the other. The film Man on Wire was great, so this book should be good, too.

The last is the title I'm least familiar with all around.

Like I said, I've never read any of the three. I'm just throwing them in here so that in case they're good, you have someone to thank. You're welcome, Internet.



Man on Wire is totally awesome, though. Check that out for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment