8.24.2010

Ten Things I Learned About Movies After Watching Ten Movies in Four Days

Here are the ten movies I watched:

Bonnie and Clyde
Fido
Hoosiers
How to Steal a Million
Jimmywork
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Bone Collector
The Island
The Producers
Young Frankenstein


The ten lessons I learned:

1. I'll never like sports movies as much as I should, because either way it could end -- the team wins or loses -- has become cliche.
2. I'll take Butch and Sundance over Bonnie and Clyde any day of the week.
3. Movies based on Alan Moore comics that he puts his name on aren't as good as ones he keeps his name off.
4. Mel Brooks is pretty good, but I prefer Woody Allen.
5. I've seen him in a lot of things, but I can never remember Luis Guzman's name. Maybe I will now.
6. For as many movies as I like him in, Denzel Washington has found his way into quite a few mediocre movies.
7. Zombies are awesome in the 1950s, whether the movie came out in the 1950s or 2000s.
8. Shooting in black and white does not automatically make you artsy; it can make you look cheap.
9. In terms of pretty, stereotypical female stereotypes in Michael Bay movies, ScarJo's acting blows Megan Fox's out of the water.
10. Michael Bay may not know plot, but he sure can film exciting sequences. (Okay, I knew this one already.)

No comments:

Post a Comment