6.17.2011

Best Music of 2011: Halfway Home

I've been thinking about the music I've bought / mixtapes I've downloaded that has come out so far in 2011, and there are quite a few:

Alexander - Alexander
Atmosphere - The Family Sign
Battles - Glass Drop
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee, Part 2
CAKE - Showroom of Compassion
Chase N. Ca$he - Gumbeaux
Childish Gambino - EP
Christina Perri - Lovestrong.
Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - Rome: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
Gorillaz - The Fall
Jessie and the Toy Boys - Show Me Your Tan Lines
The Jet Age of Tomorrow - The Journey to the 5th Echelon
The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar
Lady Gaga - Born This Way
Nicole Atkins - Mondo Amore
Panda Bear - Tomboy
Radiohead - The King of Limbs
Selene - Selene
The Strokes - Angles
TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light
Tyler, the Creator - Goblin
Waka Flocka Flame - Salute Me or Shoot Me 3

Twenty-three in total, actually. Over the next few days, I'm gonna listen to them all again and figure out which I like best. Outside of the Super 8 soundtrack, there's no more music coming out in June that I'm interested in, so I figure now's as good a time as any to see where I stand, halfway through 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment