1.18.2009

Championship Weekend

Things have not gone well for me this off-season, but that’s not going to keep me from picking just to pick and finally get another game right. I think I’m 2-6 this postseason in picks, and both right picks were the Ravens. That’s not the only reason why I’m picking them again this week, though.

I’m picking the Cardinals and the Ravens, which I guess means I’m picking both underdogs.

I really think that the Ravens are the team to beat right now. I’m not really sure why, considering the Titans very easily could have beaten them, but I think that they have the momentum. A lot has been made that Flacco is the new Roethlisberger, and a lot of the comparisons are justified. I think that RIGHT NOW, the Ravens defense is better. Also, I think that the Ravens running attack is better. I don’t know where Willie Parker was all year, but he showed up last week. I don’t know if he can two weeks in a row.

The Chargers also hung around with the Steelers last week, and if it wasn’t for the third quarter (which very well may be the worst / most unlucky 15 minutes of football I’ve ever seen a team play), it’s very possible that they’d be hosting the Ravens this week.

As for the NFC, I basically just don’t like the Eagles very much. They’re on a roll right now, and I think that they’re a justified favorite in this game. However, I don’t know if they have the tools to stop the Cardinals’ passing attack. Eli’s struggles with the wind last week was the big reason why the Giants couldn’t beat the Eagles, but playing in a dome and facing a far superior passing attack, it’ll be far harder for the Eagles to keep up with the passing game.

My track record hasn’t been stellar this postseason, so here’s to hoping I turn things around.

No comments:

Post a Comment