1.16.2009

My Movie List

I haven’t blogged in a while. My internet was sketchy AT BEST this weekend, then I just kind of fell out of the habit. I really didn’t want to stop, though, because I knew that it’d be hard for me to get back into it. Well, here I am! Back, hopefully to stay.

Anyway, since November 2007 (or so), I’ve been watching movies off of a list of 160 that I made. There are so many movies that (understandably) I can’t see them all, and even though I’d watched many, many movies up to that point, there were tons of great ones that I hadn’t seen. I basically started the list by going through the movies I owned that I hadn’t seen, the movies my dad owned that I wanted to see, and then IMDb’s top 250. I also asked friends for suggestions and compiled the list.

I had set up a soft date to finish by (December 1st, 2008) but fell short of that. Yesterday I watched Apocalypse Now, which put me at 26 more to go. I hope to finish sometime in February or March. When I’m at school, I’m not sure why but I don’t watch a ton of movies. I think it’s a variety of factors, but it’s just not something that happens. Now that I’m nearing my goal, though, I think that I’ll be able to keep my nose to the grindstone. It’s much less daunting to deal with 26 movies than the 46 (or so) I had coming home for winter break.

I think this list was a great way for me to begin catching up on what I haven’t seen. Admittedly, watching movies is a never-ending process, so I’ll always be up for suggestions. I already have over 120 movies for the next list, plus a bunch of stuff on my Netflix queue that isn’t on the list.

I think when I’m all done with this, I’ll look back and reflect on what my favorite movies that I saw on this list were (so far, Shoot ‘em Up) and my least favorites (Brazil).

But that won’t be for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment