4.04.2009

Movie List: Redux

I’ve written on here before about my past movie list (I made up a list of 160 movies to watch). I saw 158 of them (the second and third Lord of the Rings movies still outstanding), so I decided to make a second list. I didn’t know how big to make it. While I was going through the first list, I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 movies ready to go, but I didn’t know how many more I’d end up adding.

I asked a ton of friends what five movies I should see, and I got more responses than I anticipated. As it stands now, the list is at 320. There are alternates (in case I can’t find some), so there is somewhere in the neighborhood of about 330-340 movies on (or near) my list. Here’s the 320.

I thought 320 was a good place to draw the line. Aside from the fact that it’s an insane number of movies, it’s also exactly twice the length of my previous list. (As a side note, what I’m scared about is making my next list… 640?) Anyway, my goal of three movies a week would put the end date somewhere around January 1, 2012. That’s fun.

In the two and a half weeks that I’ve been going through this list, though, I’ve seen 16 movies from the list. At this rate, I’ll finish in a year! Too bad I can’t keep this pace up. The 16 I’ve seen have been a good mix of great movies (Synecdoche New York, In Bruges, Dark City, The Lives of Others, Run Lola Run), good movies (Wall Street, Waking Life) and movies so bad that they’re good (The Wizard of Gore, Fear of a Black Hat).

It’s been a solid start so far, but there’s still quite a ways to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment