1.01.2010

Eating the Dinosaur

I finished the first of my 15 books off my "To Read" list. Chuck Klosterman's "Eating the Dinosaur" was good -- so good, in fact, that I blew through it in five or six hours.

As much as I enjoyed it, and as easy and fun as it was for me to read, it seemed decidedly different from his other essay collections. It seemed less fun, almost, and more contemplative. Instead of getting essays where he compares his former lovers to members of KISS, we get essays about why people bother talking to journalists at all. This isn't to say that the new content is less interesting in any way, but simply different.

It's definitely worth checking out. I loved the little interview snippets between the essays. I loved his essay on the NFL. He's basically the type of writer I'd very much like to be, both in style and in content. Here's to hoping I take a step in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment